Contract – Privacy Notice
The Headgate Theatre (operated by Theatre Arts Action Trust)
14 Chapel St North
We are registered as a Charity, registration number 1076399 and at Companies House, registration number 3737107.
We understand that your personal information and privacy is important to you. We make every effort to ensure that the information you share with us is recorded accurately, retained securely and used only according to your wishes. We protect your personal information and adhere to all current Data Protection Act legislation with respect to protecting privacy. We do not give out, sell or trade our mailing list data with external organisations. We comply with the Data Protection Act 1998, the Privacy and Electronic Communications Regulations (PECR) and the new General Data Protection Regulations (GDPR) 2018.
The Headgate Theatre collects personal data that you may provide as part of booking tickets, making a purchase or visit, joining as a member or via a donation form, e-newsletter sign-up or responding to a visitor survey. Personal information we collect may include:
- your full name and title, date of birth
- postal address, postcode, email address and phone number
- current art form interests
We will also collect and hold information about any contact you have with us as a ticket buyer, visitor, donor or supporter of the Headgate Theatre, and may include details of:
- ticket purchases and attendance
- membership and donor status, including payment details where applicable
- retail purchases
- contact preferences
- gift information, including payment details where applicable
- Gift Aid status
- details of correspondence sent to you, or received from you
- any other information provided by yourself at the request of the Headgate Theatre to process a transaction
When we ask you to provide your personal information we will let you know why we are asking, and how we will use your data, by directing you towards this notice.
Depending on your relationship with the Headgate Theatre, and the preferences you have indicated, data we hold may be used to send you promotional, marketing, membership or fundraising information by post, telephone or electronic means. These types of communications can include:
- Informing you of other products, services or events related to the Headgate Theatre, such as exhibitions, films, events or retail offers.
- News and updates about the Headgate Theatre and marketing or supporter e-newsletters.
- Information on our fundraising operations, including occasional targeted requests to consider supporting us in various ways.
- Other relevant communications based upon your relationship with the Headgate Theatre.
Whenever we collect or process your personal data, we’ll only keep it for as long we need it. At the end of that retention period, your data will either be destroyed completely or anonymised, e.g. so it can be used for statistical purposes.
The length of time we keep your data will depend on the kind of relationship we have with you and which of our services you make use of. For example:
We will erase your personal information from our box office system (TicketSource) after 4 years. Your booking history and transactional data will be retained, but anonymised, for the purposes of financial records and analysis.
We destroy audition information immediately after the casting process unless you opt in to one of our mailing lists to hear about future opportunities.
We will keep details of our volunteers for as long as they are engaging with our venue and activities. After 12 months of no interactions with us the details will be destroyed.
We want to make sure that your personal information is accurate and up to date. You may ask us to correct or remove information you think is inaccurate. If you wish to exercise any of your rights, as listed below please write to us at email@example.com
- Access to your personal information
- Objection to processing of your personal information
- Objection to automated decision-making and profiling
- Restriction of processing of your personal information
- Your personal data portability
- Rectification of your personal information
- Erasure of your personal information
If you make a request relating to any of the rights listed above, we will consider each request in accordance with the General Data Protection Regulations. No administration fee will be charged for considering and/or complying with such a request and a response will be provided within 40 days.
Upon successful verification of your identity you are entitled to obtain the following information about how your personal information is processed:
- The purposes of the collection, processing, use and storage of your personal data
- The source(s) of the personal information, if it was not obtained from you
- The categories of personal data stored about you
- The recipients or categories of recipients to whom your personal data has been or may be transmitted along with the location of those recipients
- The envisaged period of storage for your personal data
- The use of any automated decision-making and/or profiling
You can make the above request by emailing or by writing to: firstname.lastname@example.org The Headgate Theatre, 14 Chapel Street North, Colchester CO2 7AT
The transmission of information via the Internet or email is not completely secure. Although we will do our best to protect your personal data, we cannot guarantee the security of data while you are transmitting it to our site; any such transmission is at your own risk. Once we have received your personal data, we will use strict procedures and security features to try to prevent unauthorised access. We will process, disclose or share your personal data only if required to do so by law or in the good faith belief that such action is necessary to comply with legal requirements or legal process served on us or the Website.
Third party links
You might find links to third parties (e.g. external creative organisations and suppliers) on our Website. These websites should have their own privacy policies, which you should check. We do not accept any responsibility or liability for their policies whatsoever as we have no control over them. In cases when we use external websites provided by other organisations such as Twitter, YouTube or Facebook, then we would ask you to consult their privacy policies.
When someone visits www.headgatetheatre.co.uk, we use Google Analytics to collect statistical data and details of visitor patterns which tell us which parts of our website visitors use most often. None of this information uses, or requires the use, of personal information and is processed in a way that does not identify individuals. We do not make any attempts to find out the identities of individuals visiting our website.
We use a third-party provider MailChimp to deliver our newsletter. We use MailChimp software to help gather statistics on opening rates and clicks on links which help us monitor and improve our communications. Individuals can unsubscribe at any time from newsletters by clicking the unsubscribe link on each e-newsletter. You can view MailChimp’s privacy notice here.
You have the right to lodge a complaint with the Information Commissioners Office (ICO) if you believe your data has been processed in a way that does not comply with data protection. You can do so by calling the ICO helpline on 0303 123 1113 or via their website
This Privacy notice was last updated: September 2019