Headgate Young Company
SOMETHING TO SHOUT ABOUT!
Since its launch in September 2021 with the acclaimed production of Blue Stockings Headgate Young Company have gone from strength to strength. Not only did this sell out production wow both critics and audience, but members of the company have
- Had opportunity to devise and present a piece in the first Colchester Fringe in October 2021,
- Successfully auditioned for parts in plays as diverse as Titus Andronicus and Lucy Kirkwood’s Mosquitoes.
- Been involved in devising a piece to perform as part of the Platinum Jubilee celebrations at The Town Hall alongside industry professionals.
- Had opportunity to extend their technical knowledge in sound/light to other productions with The Headgate, and now are employed as casual workers in other venues in the town.
- Received complimentary tickets to Headgate events
HYC doesn’t “disappear” between productions however. Most Thursday evenings members of HYC meet to explore different aspects of theatre – but not in a classroom approach!
Topics covered are as diverse as audition technique to stage combat; Shakespeare in a new context to to Production Planning– but all of the workshops have the same aim: giving practical advice to participants as well as theory and technique to improve practice.
Now we are planning our next production – How to Disappear Completely and Never Be Found!, our next “Fringe entry”, and developing a new development plan for young people interested in sound and light.
If you want to know more about HYC and what is on offer or being planned, then email firstname.lastname@example.org or complete the form below to register your interest.